Possible Future IJA Festival Sites
Norman Schneiderman, Chief Administrative Officer, IJA
The following is a list of sites given to me by Ginny Rose that
were given consideration for festivals for the coming years. As
you know, Las Vegas has been chosen for the 1995 festival site.
1997 will probably be in Pittsburgh (please excuse all spelling
errors especially in place names as I'm a Cannuck eh!) [Think
we fixed 'em all, Norm! -Ed.] as this is the 50th anniversary.
As we try to move around each year, and keeping the foregoing
in mind, it looks likely that 1996 will be in St. Louis. Anyway,
these sites were all investigated and considered.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico: Facility 1 not available in
summers. Facility 2 has no housing nearby.
- Austin, Texas: Site not available until 1997.
- Lincoln, Nebraska: Too expensive.
- Halifax, Nova Scotia: Hard to get to.
- Olympia, Washington: Hard to get to. More expensive
than St. Louis.
- Bellevue, Washington: Facility expensive. Theatre not
large enough. No cheap housing (room start at $120).
- Seattle, Washington: Facility 1 not available. Facility
2 housing scattered in independent hotels.
- New Orleans, Louisiana: Facility not large enough and
not air conditioned. Hotel a possibility but costs too much money.
- Orlando, Florida: We have been approached by Disney,
but looks too expensive at this time.
- St. Louis, Missouri: Looks like all needs would be
Other factors are that as we are in the southwest in '95 and most
likely in the northeast in '97, that midwest seems good for '96.
The '91 fest in St. Louis had the best turnout of all the festivals.
Availability and costs make it a possibility. Ginny is also working
on a mini-fest in Key West for fall of '95.
This Issue |
IJA Clubs & Affiliates Newsletters |
Juggling Information Service
Last modified: 4 January 1996
IJA Clubs & Affiliates Newsletters