4th East Midlands Juggling Convention
When: 10am till 10pm, Sunday, October 2nd, 1994.
- The Connaughty Centre & the Festival Hall, Corby, Northants
- £10.00 Adults, £5.00 for 16yrs and under. This includes admission to the Jugglers Cabaret.
- Production of last years badge gets adults £1.00 discount.
- Anyone who can produce all three EMJC badges has the chance of a life enhancing prize.
- Other Information:
- The first was fab, the second stupendous, the third tremendous and the fourth is on Sunday 2nd October 94. Ask anyone who went to 1, 2, or 3 what they thought before you book, but don't hang around because they sell out fast.
- The Venue
- Loads of free car parking, two large sports halls to practice in, seperate workshop spaces, video room, coffee bar serving drinks and snacks all day. Within 100 yards of the site there are a variety of eating places, (no veggie resteraunt however, so it's pizzatime again). There is space for traders, and the perfumed gardens of bliss for outdoor juggling. NO CRECHE, (If there is enough interest they may be able to organise one, get in touch if you would use a creche if one was available).
- Wall to wall workshops a speciaility!
- This is a piccy of last years program!
- The idea is for you to go away with a head full of new and improved skills. This year, they'll have all the usual favorites (The world famous flaming newspaper balance of death workshop), plus many more.
- Please let them know if you want to run a workshop or have any requests for a specific skill as yet un-heard of (wildebeast swallowing?).
- Equipment Sales
- Butterfingers will be there selling the widest range of equipment since the last time they assembled it. Phone Barbera at Butterfingers if you wnat anything brought along. Beard will be there doing their display, and there will be space for other traders selling Juggling related gear. (They have exhibition space for anyone who wants to promote a product or event, give them a ring if you want to use it.)
- Jugglers Caberet
- The venue is the Corby Festival Hall. This show is not to be missed. The theatre seats 600 set out caberet style with tables and chairs, and the bar will be serving drinks and coffees throughout the evening. Entry to the caberet is FREE to anyone displaying a convention badge, but we will be selling tickets for the caberet to the public as a seperate item.
- Total numbers are strictly limited to 300, making it essential to book in advance. Phone for an application form if you don't have one (they might want a stamped addressed envelope for this). Cheques should be made out to "Corby Community Arts". Don't leave it till the last minute - you could be too late. If they sell out prior to the event, there will be no admission on the day.
- The EMJC is organised by Corby Community Arts and the Balls Up Juggling Club.
- Further Information Obtainable From:
- Gary McNeil
- Corby Community Arts
- 160 Gainsborough Road
- Northants NN18 0RQ
- Tel: (0536) 263 786
- Fax: (0536) 402 467
4th East Midlands Juggling Convention /
Juggling Festivals /
© 1994 Juggling Information Service. All Rights Reserved.